Happy new year everyone!Here is a recipe that you can enjoy with your family and friends. It is yummy and ideal for breakfast. The end result is light, fluffy,airy and delicious pancakes. They look good too. It should make about 8 pancakes so do not hesitate to adjust the recipe to number you want.
1 cup milk
1 cup all purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar
In a bowl,separate the 4 egg whites from the yolk
Beat the egg whites till it forms stiff peaks. Your bowl should be very clean and dry for the stiff peaks to form. Also ensure no egg shells break into your egg whites for better result.
Mix the egg yolk, milk and sugar
Add in the flour to the yolk mix
Mix in the egg whites, preferably without the mixer to incorporate air into the pancakes.Just fold it in with a spoon or spatula. This is what makes them fluffy airy and light.
Put some oil on your cooking pan.
Pour in your batter and swirl for it to cover the base of the pan
Keep checking to see if it has browned and flip it to allow the other side brown as well.
Your pancakes are ready.Serve and enjoy!
This recipe right here is not only sweet and healthy but is bursting with Vitamin C goodness. The Kiwi fruits added have more than 3 times the Vitamin C in Oranges and is too good for you and your family!
The Watermelon and the Berries anf Grapes are full of antioxidants which will repair your cells for a better you.
1/2 medium sized watermelon,cut to chunks
2 kiwi fruits,peeled and sliced
1 glass of mixed berries-grapes,blueberries and strawberries,cleaned
Put all your ingredients above in a blender
Blend till smooth
Serve and enjoy
You can add ice cubes if you so wish
You can add honey if you have a sweet tooth,otherwise the punch does not need added sugar.
These Dumplings are inspired by the Swahili Kaimati(Luqaimat among the Arab).They are really addictive, and make for great bitings.They are soft,sweet and yummy.Indulge.
3 cups flour
2 tablespoon baking powder
3 tbs sugar
2 cups warm milk or water
1 tbs oil
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl
The consistency will be very thick(too thick for pancake but too sticky for bread or chapati dough,got it?right)
Put oil in a deep pan,enough oil to deep fry
Once the oil is hot,scoop using a teaspoon the flour mix and drop the scoop in your hot oil,using another spoon to completely unscoop the dough
Repeat the above step with the rest of the flour mix
Fry the dumplings till golden brown
Serve and enjoy!
Mahamri,a classic Swahili snack.
Its light,sweet, a common accompaniment for tea or coffee in many Kenyan and Tanzanian homes. Try our recipe,let us know,because its addictive!
3 cups plain wheat flour
1/2 tablespoon instant yeast
6 tablespoons sugar
1 and half cup warm water
2 tablespoon oil
- Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl and knead the dough very well(a mixer can save you the hassle with amazing result)
- cover and let rise for 40 minutes to 1 hour(do not exceed to avoid over fermentation)
- Roll your dough about 1 inch thick-too flat and the mahamri will not be nice and soft
- Cut the rolled out dough into triangular shapes,the size is to your preference
- Heat oil in a pan;enough to deep fry till hot
- Deep fry both sides till golden brown
- Serve and enjoy
This nutritious blend of antioxidant rich veggies is not only great to taste,but will do good to your health.
The tartness of the lemon helps a great deal in bringing out the sweetness of the juice.It makes for a great detox.Enjoy!
1 large cucumber
A tablespoon of lemon juice
Peel the fruits and dice them
If you wish you can leave the peels on for more nutritional value
In an electric juicer,juice the diced ingredients.
Add in the lemon juice and stir
Tip:Juice from fruits and veggies is best served as soon as its made to preserve the nutrients. In case of delay,be sure to cover the juice until serving time.
Also you can choose to blend/juice a few minutes to meal time.
This sweet blend of tropical easily available fruits is loooved in my home.
The best part is,its easy to make,affordable(it cost me less than 3 Dollars to get the fruits),and there is absolutely no need to add sugar or water!
Plus your kids will love this healthy drink.
1 ripe pawpaw
2 ripe mangoes
1 ripe medium sized pineapple
Peel the fruits and dice them
In an electric juicer, juice the fruit pieces
Tip:you can choose to blend the watermelon separately and mix in,that is if you do not mind the roughage(residue)
Fresh juice is a great addition to your meals. It is an awesome and tasty way to stay hydrated,l and reap from all the nutrients therein.Check out our delicious recipes.
These potatoes are a hit in my household, and we love them for Sunday breakfast. You should try them too!
5 large potatoes,peeled and sliced
1 red bell pepper,cut into strips
1 yellow bell pepper,cut into strips
2 tablespoons oil
1/2 teaspoon Paprika powder
Salt to taste
- Cook your potatoes till well done(either fry or bake)
- Heat the oil in a pan and saute the onions for 3 minutes
- Add in your bell peppers and saute for another 2 minutes
- Add in your cooked potatoes,salt and mix
- Sprinkle some paprika powder
- Serve and enjoy.
Baked beans are a great way to add protein to your breakfast.Beans are packed with fiber, phytonutrients and antioxidants.Here is a tasty way to go about it.
2 tablespoon veg. oil
2 crushed cloves of garlic
1 large onion,diced
4 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon tabasco sauce
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 cup beans,cooked
1/2 cup sugar
Salt to taste
Heat the oil in a saucepan
Add the onions and saute for 5 minutes
Add in the garlic and fry till fragrant
Add in the blended tomatoes
Mix in the sauces-worcestershire and tabasco-tomato paste,sugar and salt
Cook for another 10 minutes
Allow the sauce to cool,then blend till smooth
On your baking tin,mix the sauce with your beans
Cover and bake at 180 degrees celcius(350 fahreinheit) for 40 minutes
Tip:you can also cook the beans and sauce on very low heat for 40 minutes in place of baking.
Does plain bread make your breakfast boring? Are you wondering how else to eat your bread?wonder no more because,here is a flavorful way to go about it!
For the mince meat filling
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic ginger paste
- 1 cup mince meat
- 1 small bunch parsley(dhania),chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked green peas
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Salt to taste
- 4 slices bread
- Butter or margarine for spreading
To prepare the filling;
- Put oil in a heated frying pan,add the onions and fry till golden brown
- Add the garlic ginger paste and fry till fragrant
- Add in the mince meat stir and let cook for 3 minutes
- Add in the green peas and parsley
- Mix in the tomato paste,turmeric and salt
- Cook for another 3 minutes
- Meanwhile,apply margarine or butter to one side a slice of bread
- Place the slice on your sandwich maker with the buttered side facing down
- Spread the now cooked mince meat filling on top of the slice
- Butter one side of your second slice of bread and use it to cover the filling,with the buttered side up
- Repeat the process with your other 2 bread slices
- Now close your sandwich maker,switch it on and allow to cook till ready(about 3 minutes)
- Open the machine once ready, serve the slices and enjoy with masala tea or a drink of your choice.